CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Run, Run As Fast As You Can...


Pretty happy with myself. I woke up to see that it was almost 9am & only 68 degrees outside (we've been having an unnaturally hot summer around here). The small voice in my head that I have been doing a stellar job of ignoring lately whispered "how can you NOT go running when it's almost 9am & still under 80 degrees outside?" I tried to ignore the voice, like I have been for awhile, but then realized it was right. I need to get out, go running & get out of this horrible funk.

I actually had the fear last night that I was slipping back into my old habits. I was just eating whatever I wanted, whenever & not caring. 

So I drug my butt out of bed, got dressed & went out on my normal route. The only difference was at 2 miles I realized that my body felt great, I didn't have my normal side ache, so why not push myself to see just how far I can make it? I took a left instead of a right, added a couple extra miles to my run & now, here I am.

I may not be a fast runner, I may not look good running and I may not be able to run far but at least I’m running.

I'm so close to hitting my goal, I think my struggle is that the weight isn't coming off as quickly as I would like it to. In the beginning, I changed my eating habits & worked out. I would cheat here & there but nothing that would make a huge impact. Now, I feel as if I eat one bad meal & then a few days later, eat another ...I'm completely thrown off.

So, here's my plan: (just as a side note: these types of plans are always easier to make after I've worked out. Had I tried to make this plan last night, either the plan would have never been created or I would have gone to bed with a plan...but still upset at myself) I'm going to print out a calendar. On said calender I'm going to mark each day that I work out. I'll also keep track of my cheat meals which I have concluded will consist of 3 meals a week. A cheat breakfast, lunch & dinner. They can't all be on the same day & they can't be back to back days (that one may be a little difficult but we'll see). I'm hoping by having this calendar up & visible it'll help get me back into my routine.

There's no denying it, I need to continue staying active & watching what I eat. I'll have to do this for the rest of my life. I'm perfectly ok with this. I am in love with being healthy & it boils down to this: being healthy has become a hobby for me.

Anyone else out there do monthly plans? Maybe even weekly plans? What works for you & what doesn't?


1 comments:

Emily

Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

Thanks and have a great day!

Post a Comment